So fashion – let’s talk about it. It is featured in our day to day lives. It is how we express ourselves, how we feel, how we portray who we are. Fashion can create first impressions and can be very defining for you. I remember when I first worked in an office and I put on my suit to go to work… the moment walking down the street I felt empowered, strong and successful. The same as what you wear in terms of how it shapes you and how you dress yourself. The best thing about fashion and beauty is that it is your way to express your personality but this scares people. They hide away and don’t express themselves because they don’t want to stand out. Part of “beyoutiful u” is trying to work with YOU to enable you to dress beyoutifully U according to your personality, your body shape, your skin tone and how you want to be viewed. I am going to be interviewing experts in the industry on what their hints and tips would be for you in terms of outfit choices, colours and shapes to suit who you are and what impression you are going to give. Here are some of my choices from the past month:
- My Favourite: Networking Event
- At a networking event you want to give the right impression. You need to decide what statement you are trying to make and what you want out of the event. For a recent networking event I wore this strong and bold jumpsuit. This jumpsuits highlights my curves in all the right places and it is a statement print meaning – I mean business and want to stand out. I know that monotone suits my skin tone and I brightened up the outfit with red lippy. POWER COLOUR.
- Casual Saturdays: Ripped Jeans/Double Denim/Mesh Top/Sparkly Shoes
- Saturdays are all about looking fresh, having fun and being fashionable for me. This summer has been all about the sparkly trainers. I LOVE them. I am sad that this is coming to an end. But I love on weekends to look fresh, make a statement but still seem casual. I like to make sure that I am like: Hey I love fashion but today I am just chilling.
- Jeans, Jacket and Top: TopShop.com
- Shoes: Asos.com
- My ultimate fav this month: Statement Dress
- When you wear a statement dress and colour you are saying Hello World I am here. When I am feeling really strong and powerful in my mind, body and soul I like to step it up and be bold. Alot of people are afraid of being bold because they don’t know what people would say. I wouldn’t of dreamed of wearing ANYTHING this bold 4/5 years ago as I wanted to hide away. As I have worked on my mind and sould I have felt more and more confident expressing how I feel through clothes. You can too!!
Find your way to fashion freedom with my book: Free-ed: Stop Self Sabotage and start living your life again. OUT October 16th 2017.
GET IT ON AMAZON NOW