October 10th 2017 @ 12.30pm: TBC
October 10th 2017 @ 6.30pm: Meadowbank Stadium
October 11th 2017 @ 12.30pm: TBC
October 11th 2017 @ 7pm: Friends, Family & Press VENUE TBC
October 15th @ 7.30pm: Your opportunity to find out more, prizes to be won and the opportunity to win a signed copy of Free-ed. Register Your Interest Clicking HERE
Asics Oxford Street (MARBLE ARCH):
Thursday 26th October: Asics Marble Arch, Oxford Street
I have been doing alot of research on this recently mainly because when I moved to London, your life becomes so fast paced and theres so many other factors contributing to your life that my skin just couldn’t cope. I have been trialling and testing lots of different things to try and boost my glow and enhance my skin to stop it looking so tired and dull with the pollution down here. In combination with stress of a much more fast paced life my body and skin were like no more. The key thing I knew I could fully control to ensure at least good skin can be nourished and that is only by consuming foods that help enhance your skin. Here are my top 5 foods for a clearer, more glowing complexion:
- Wild Salmon is one of the best food sources for omega-3 fatty acids, which helps keep your skin supple and moisturized. Salmon also has selenium, a mineral that protects the skin from sun exposure. The vitamin D in salmon keeps your bones and teeth strong and healthy, too.
The avocado is a beautiful fruit packed full of healthy goodness, so much so that to only eat it and not utilize its full potential by also applying topically to the skin and hair would be a crime to Mother Nature herself!
The nutrient dense and creamy fruit – affectionately referred to as ‘nature’s butter’ – is an excellent source of over twenty vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B, C, E and K, riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, potassium, lutein, beta-carotene, omega-3 fatty acids and anti-ageing antioxidants.
- Walnuts are an excellent source of anti-inflammatory omega-3 essential fatty acids, in the form of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). Walnuts are also rich in antioxidants, including being a very good source of manganese and copper. They are also a good source of molybdenum and the B vitamin biotin. They are super high in Anti-Oxidents so makes an amazing to help repair and promote clear skin.
- Sweet Potato
- Sweet potato is considered as an excellent source of natural, health-promoting compounds known as beta-carotene and anthocyanin. Beta-carotene is known to reduce the risk of several chronic diseases, including cancer, cardiovascular diseases, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Anthocyanin fights pigmentation and provides anti-inflammatory benefits to the skin. Vitamins A, B, and C have antioxidant properties that help in fighting against damage caused by free radicals. Eating the skin will add more nutrition to your plate such as fiber and potassium. Also baking them is a better choice than boiling. Boiling can cause water soluble nutrients to be lost. Sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin A. Vitamin A is important for keeping your eyes and skin healthy.
- Dark Chocolate
- Flavonols are antioxidants that help your skin protect itself from UV damage (hello, fewer wrinkles) fight free radicals (so long, sun spots) and increase blood flow (i.e. dewy glow!). In one study, flavonols in dark chocolate even improved skin hydration and thickness—both mega important for young-looking skin.
Ghandi once said: “Become The Change You Wish to See in the World” which ressonates and resounds so clear with me in regards to my outlook on life. Let’s not deny it, everyone has things they go through, but the ones who fight through despite potentially the world crumbling around them are the ones we gain strength from, the people we look at and think wow, “I want to be able to be like that”. I had similar feelings, which is why I wrote my book: Free-ed. I used to pray for my mind and my body to look at myself in the mirror and be happy with what was standing there, for my mind to stop tormenting me that I wasn’t perfect, that if I could just portray happiness within myself to the outside world, that I could be one of these people whos’ smiles shined brighter than anyone elses because I installed hope and inspiration to others. Then I realised – “but Jayne you need to work this out for yourself”. As Arielle Ford says,
When you truely love yourself, you are no longer willing to compromise your standards, because you value your happiness too much.
This is a very powerful and very true quote. Alot of us hold onto things in our life that cause up negative feedback and negative feelings. Why? Because it is safe. It is safe to feel like that, it is easier to live like that in that moment than making a change. It is easier because you stay hidden in the background not embracing who you are and who you REALLY want to be. Let me ask you a question right now:
Are you TRUELY being TRUE to yourself 24/7?
If your answer is no – then we need to start identifying and working out who you REALLY Truely are and then express yourself that way being 100% comfortable in you! My new book Free-ed helps you identify what is stopping you be your true self and we work through a step by step guide together on how to help you embrace your true self!
This is available for order on October 16th 2017
But for Friday here is 3 steps to start embracing your true self and be your best version:
- Identify Who And When You Feel Most Yourself
- When you are most happy in yourself identify who you are around, how do you feel, where are you when you feel like that and who are you at that moment? For me – at school I never really felt like I fit in, but when I was training or around my athletics circle I felt completely at ease and myself. Only surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you not the stress in you. Once you start doing this you won’t accept anything less
- Start Accepting AND Embracing Your Quirky Ways
- Don’t listen to negative influences. If you met me a couple of years back, I used to be told I am so embarassing, I needed to remember where I was, and that I was unlovable because I was so head strong and driven. After removing that negativity from my life and a WHOLE journey of self discovery, I am TRUELY myself 24/7 embracing all quirks, all embarassingness, to truely be who I am. If someone doesn’t accept it, it is more than likely that I also find them awkward to be around. What is the saying “Your vibe attracts your tribe and when you find your tribe love them hard.” You need to start accepting that you don’t need to fit in, you were born to be your UNIQUE self. If you truely are YOU you attract other like minded people into your life. These people will be truely your friends, your soulmates and the correct people that are only going to lift you higher in your life.
- Remind Yourself its not you, its them
- When you find yourself doubting, KEEP reminding yourself, a reflection on how someone treats you is their insecurities with themselves not you. REMIND yourself if they don’t vibe with you they aren’t your tribe. If you can’t be truely yourself around someone they aren’t the right person for you to be around.
This Fri-YAY I want you to EMBRACE every single little part of you and remind yourself –
Be The Change YOU want to see in the world and Shine Your Light
Free-ed is available for Print Order on October 16th 2017
Everyone’s been there… you really want to achieve this big goal but for some reason you are just not quite ready to take the risk. Something’s holding you back, whether it’s fear, self doubt, negative talk, other people and sometimes the fear that it will go right and your whole life will change – scary stuff right? Because being comfortable is well comfortable. What if you knew that if you took that leap and faced whatever it was that you wanted… imagine how that life would feel like? What if it’s telling someone you love them, or embracing change and moving to a new location, or going for that new job? What is stopping you? I procrastinated for 8 months before eventually taking the leap and moving to London everyone faces fear but here I want to you take the challenge head on. So here is my top 5 tips for getting what you want, when you want it and embracing fear:
Identify exactly what it is you want to achieve. Draw a mind map, map it all out, imagine what your life would be like if you achieved it. How accomplished you would feel, how excited you would be. This will create a clear image of exactly where you want to be.
What are your current fears and attitudes towards this. What do you feel is currently stopping you from going for it. Don’t be afraid to write it all out. The more honest with yourself the better and it can be as silly as you think.
Create a plan of action. How are you going to overcome these fears, how are you going to get to your desired goal. Plan it all out from a – b and any road stops you have in the middle.
- Tell people about your goal
Honestly it’s sounds scary but if you start telling people you are going to do something by goodness you will ensure you do it. Last year when I started writing my book I started telling everyone because I thought if I don’t I’ll keep putting it off. Then every time you see someone they will ask “oh how is the book going”. Do it, start spreading the word.
- Put all your intentions towards it
The saying what you think about you bring about. Put positivity out there. Start ensuring you are putting positive vibes on the situation. When you talk to people notice how your voice and persona shows excitement and clarity. Go show the world what you want to show them.
Today I want you to think about something that you feel you are holding back from – grab it with 2 hands and start working towards showing the world.
So fashion – let’s talk about it. It is featured in our day to day lives. It is how we express ourselves, how we feel, how we portray who we are. Fashion can create first impressions and can be very defining for you. I remember when I first worked in an office and I put on my suit to go to work… the moment walking down the street I felt empowered, strong and successful. The same as what you wear in terms of how it shapes you and how you dress yourself. The best thing about fashion and beauty is that it is your way to express your personality but this scares people. They hide away and don’t express themselves because they don’t want to stand out. Part of “beyoutiful u” is trying to work with YOU to enable you to dress beyoutifully U according to your personality, your body shape, your skin tone and how you want to be viewed. I am going to be interviewing experts in the industry on what their hints and tips would be for you in terms of outfit choices, colours and shapes to suit who you are and what impression you are going to give. Here are some of my choices from the past month:
- My Favourite: Networking Event
- At a networking event you want to give the right impression. You need to decide what statement you are trying to make and what you want out of the event. For a recent networking event I wore this strong and bold jumpsuit. This jumpsuits highlights my curves in all the right places and it is a statement print meaning – I mean business and want to stand out. I know that monotone suits my skin tone and I brightened up the outfit with red lippy. POWER COLOUR.
- Casual Saturdays: Ripped Jeans/Double Denim/Mesh Top/Sparkly Shoes
- Saturdays are all about looking fresh, having fun and being fashionable for me. This summer has been all about the sparkly trainers. I LOVE them. I am sad that this is coming to an end. But I love on weekends to look fresh, make a statement but still seem casual. I like to make sure that I am like: Hey I love fashion but today I am just chilling.
- Jeans, Jacket and Top: TopShop.com
- Shoes: Asos.com
- My ultimate fav this month: Statement Dress
- When you wear a statement dress and colour you are saying Hello World I am here. When I am feeling really strong and powerful in my mind, body and soul I like to step it up and be bold. Alot of people are afraid of being bold because they don’t know what people would say. I wouldn’t of dreamed of wearing ANYTHING this bold 4/5 years ago as I wanted to hide away. As I have worked on my mind and sould I have felt more and more confident expressing how I feel through clothes. You can too!!
Find your way to fashion freedom with my book: Free-ed: Stop Self Sabotage and start living your life again. OUT October 16th 2017.
GET IT ON AMAZON NOW
Hurrahhhhh! It’s okay to eat chocolate… but of the darker variation. I love chocolate, I get mocked about it at work because I always need my chocolate hit around about 2pm. I’m a proud chocolatier but why is Dark chocolate so good for you? Let’s have a look at some of the benefits to your health and wellness:
- scientific studies have shown eating dark chocolate can improve brain function. When you need that boost mid afternoon don’t go for a coffee grab 2 squares of dark chocolate!
- It’s good for the heart and circulation. A recent study found that dark chocolate helps restore flexibility to arteries while also preventing white blood cells from sticking to the walls of blood vessels – both common causes of artery clogging.
- It can help you lose weight. Neuroscientist Will Clower says a small square of good choc melted on the tongue 20 minutes before a meal triggers the hormones in the brain that say “I’m full”, cutting the amount of food you subsequently consume. Finishing a meal with the same small trigger could reduce subsequent snacking.
Amazing!!!! So why not switch your chocolate habits over to the dark side and get your flavonoids, anti inflammatory and antioxidant effects with dark chocolate.
You have all heard the phrase it’s not you it’s me right? This is a very very true phase – but a phrase that needs to be adapted towards someone elses anger/frustrations/hurt/words/sabotage towards you – “It’s not about me – it’s them”. Today I want you to realise and accept that some people aren’t going to get you, like you or even want to be around you. Some people will find you HIGHLY annoying, not understand your path, criticise you, cut you down, treat you badly – why? It’s about them not about you! This is a concept a lot of people struggle to understand. With “beYOUtiful U” I am trying to help YOU as a person understand and be truely YOU. How many times have you been feeling unbelievable, truely happy, content and in control of your life then someone comes along and very quickly cuts you down and brings you back to question your life, your morals, yourself, who you are? It happens all the time!! I have lots of conversations with individuals and clients that I always are reminding and get them to think about the situation from the other persons side. When someone treats you as if you are an option – its because they treat themselves as an afterthought – YOU need to have the strength to show YOURself that you are not an afterthought so you are not brought down to their level. When someone condemns your ideas – YOU need to remember that they are YOUR ideas, at least your are making YOUR ideas, in YOUR life, trying to create YOUR life, not theirs, and then think maybe what is happening in theirs that they want to bring yours down – do they not enjoy their job? Are they going through a tough time? Are they struggling to find their path in life? Okay I will be honest with you now – once you start looking at life this way it will change your whole outlook – have you ever heard of the phrase: “you never know someones story be kind always?” It is very very true. So here is my key points to not allow someone elses insecurities to allow inner doubt in yourself:
- Everyweek refocus and check you are still on the right path
- Checking your life path, checking your goals are aligning up to where you want to go, checking that you know you are making the correct steps on your journey will help enable you to say STOP! No negative self talk, I know I am on my journey, this is their self doubt not mine.
- Positive reinforcements daily
- Do one thing daily that you know makes you feel amazing about yourself, whether thats doing positive affirmations, going to the gym, meditation, something that makes you refocus and recharge your brain, your soul, your mind so if someone comes at you with negativity you have your positivity sheild on.
- Remember everyones got a story
- This is one of the big ones – remember everyones got a story. If someone is rude, negative, abrupt, unaccepting of you, YOU do not know what is going on in their life. Be kind, be patient and be the bigger person. Actually say to yourself, “it’s not me, it’s them” and then remember for the next time you bump into them, ask them are they okay? You never know what your response will be.
- “Pay Attention To The People Who Don’t Clap When You Win”
- In my book “Free-ed” I talk about looking at your bus, your journey and who is on your journey with you. I love this phrase pay attention to the people who don’t clap when you win. REMOVE envious people out of your life. All envious people will do is bring you down and discourage you from achieving your goals. I have been in a situation in my life before that I was in a relationship where we were toxic for each other. Whenever I was in a good place, things were going well, the other person in this relationship would call me unreachable, make me feel bad for things going well, and make me feel like I didn’t deserve it, and bring me to a place where I would then be SO low that I needed support. DON’T ALLOW PEOPLE TO BRING YOU DOWN. Remove these people INSTANTLY. Anyone who makes you feel like your not worthy, that you are too much effort, that you are strange, bizarre – You don’t need this negativity in your life. You will find friends, partners and people who accept you WHOLLY as YOUR complete self. This is a journey you need to embark on.
So from today – recognise these key points in your life. Smile more, spread kindness, radiate positivity and remember YOU ARE AWESOME just the way you are.
be YOUR own kind of beYOUtiful
In your own weird, wonderful and colourful way – so you attract in your true tribe.
FREE-ED: Stop self Sabotage and start living your life again
Is out on OCTOBER 16th
To pre order Free-ed: visit https://www.amazon.co.uk/Free-ed-Free-Yourself-Sabotage-Again-ebook/dp/B075KH5PCQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505549786&sr=8-1&keywords=jayne+nisbet
We have all heard the saying smile and the world will smile with you. The key thing in this is, if you aren’t smiling how are we going to get you to do this? Learning to love yourself above everything is the KEY to enabling you to block out negativity in your life and enable only those that want to lift you higher in. I love the quote from The Wizard of OZ: “You have always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself.” It is so true – even though this is a child hood fairytale – Dorothy has to learn for herself and workout for herself who she was and how she was going to get “home”. It takes a whole journey of self discovery for you to even identify whom you really are and what you really want. Today I want you to smile and watch how this can change your whole demeanour. 5 Key points about the benefit of smiling from Jennifer Smith @LifeHack online:
Neurotransmitters called endorphins are released when you smile.
These are triggered by the movements of the muscles in your face, which is interpreted by your brain, which in turn releases these chemicals. Endorphins are responsible for making us feel happy, and they also help lower stress levels. Faking a smile or laugh works as well as the real thing—the brain doesn’t differentiate between real or fake as it interprets the positioning of the facial muscles in the same way. This is known as the facial feedback hypothesis. The more we stimulate our brain to release this chemical the more often we feel happier and relaxed.
Endorphins make us feel happier and less stressed.
They also act as the body’s natural pain killers. For sufferers of chronic pain, laughing and smiling can be very effective in pain management, as can laughing off the pain when you bump an elbow or fall over.
While the release of endorphins is increased, the stress hormone cortisol is reduced.
Cortisol is more active when we feel stressed or anxious and contributes to the unpleasant feelings we experience, and by lowering it we can reduce these negative feelings.
Laughing expands the lungs, stretches the muscles in the body and stimulates homeostasis.
This exercises the body, replenishing the cells from a lungful of oxygen and gaining all the benefits of exercising the body.
A good laugh can be an effective way to release emotions.
A good laugh can help you release emotions, especially those emotions that you might bottle up inside. Everything looks that little bit better after a good laugh and life can be seen from a more positive perspective. Smiling and laughing have positive social implications as well.
7 Benefits of Smiling, Jennifer Smith, Life Hack.
We are living in a day and age where less and less of us take a moment to just stop – breathe – look around and appreciate the moments that we are living. We are always so caught up in how to make money, how to be happier, how to be slimmer, how to be better than than yesterday, how to do better always – WHICH is amazing BUT in order to grow you need to be able to reflect on where you are and appreciate that where you are now is exactly where you need to be. To me happiness is success – to be happy is my success. To enable this success I need to appreciate EVERY moment good, bad, indifferent is exactly the path I needed to take to enable me to achieve success – Happiness. If you haven’t yet, a MAJOR read I would recommend to help you appreciate your life and understand the power of mindfulness and gratitude is: Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferarri. One of the most powerful reads I have read. He is focused on the quality of life is determined by the quality of our thoughts. This is MAJORLY true. Hw many times have your thoughts affected your day to day life – ALL the time. Now I amn’t stating whether these are negative or positive – but how many times have you let a negative thought spiral out of control to completely and utterly ruin your day – we all have. By taking your time at the end of the day to reflect and show gratitude that no matter what has happened negaively in your day you still appreciate and can find thanks for that day – is truely magnifying and controlling your thoughts.
I am going to run through 5 ways to give more gratitude to your day and create a happier outlook, a more productive day and less sleepless nights:
- Bookend Your Days
- This concept really has helped me gain more control of my life. What do I mean by bookending your days? In a book I read called “The Compound Effect” by Darren Hardy. Hardy talks about the principle of bookending your day. The concept being that no matter what happens during the middle at least the beginning and the end are a consistent and happy. We are so limited to what we control during the day, therefore this principle enables us to have that control in the morning and the evening. What I do now (call me sad but honestly it has changed my life) – every morning I wake up and the first thing I do is read 10 pages of a good quality self development book. I follow this by quickly jotting down what I am doing with my day – what is my to do list, what is my priorities and one thing I am really looking forward too that day. This really sets my mind up well for the day that I know before I have even left my bed I have gained 10 pages of knowledge. Then in the evening I take 5 – 10 minutes just to reflect on my day. What went well, what didn’t go well, what I am looking forward to the morning, What I need to do in the morning. I feel this helps me relax. I used to be up answering emails till 11pm at night – WHY? I asked myself this time and time again – if it isnt answered by 7pm it can wait to the next day. This ritual helps enable me to get any frustrations down on paper, and help me look at what I need to focus on. At this point of the day I also write one thing I am grateful for in my life at that present moment.
- Daily Kindness/Daily Gratitude
- Kindness comes for free – why more of us don’t use it I will never know. When was the last time you held a door open for someone, helped someone with their bags upstairs, complimented someone, it only take 2 minutes of your time. Practicing gratitude and kindness daily will help you find your own purpose in life. Try it today – one act of Kindness a Day. Think about what acts of Kindness someone would do for you that would make you smile, or think about your day when you thought – aw thank you!
Then practising daily gratitude. As I said I now write down every evening what and who I am grateful for in my life. Each week on a Sunday I spend 20 – 30 minutes planning and thinking regarding the week ahead. What are you looking forward too, what do you want to change from the week before. Refocus, refresh, restart.
- Fail to Prepare – Prepare to Fail
- I get laughed at sometimes with my OCD planning. I am better now, but I will literally have my diary planned months in advance down to the day. Why? I hate having a day wasted. Each week I look at my week ahead and look at what I have booked in, what needs to be done and completed. It literally eases and calms my mind so I am in a much more productive mood because firstly I know exactly what I am doing that week and seocndly it flows naturally.
Stay Committed to your Decisions but flexible in your approach.
All is great with a plan but if you are not flexible in your approach to it then you will get stressed easily and this will cause less happiness. Ensure you plan your week – take 10 – 20 minutes on your sunday evening just to look at whats ahead. I like to do mine on a Friday before I leave work so I know exactly what lies ahead the next week. Honestly having a plan for that week will help you with your thoughts, your mindset and your happiness. So tonight ask yourself:
- What am I looking forward to this week?
- What do I want to achieve this week?
- What can I improve on from last week?
- What am I grateful for in my life?
- What makes me smile?
Robin Sharma – The Monk Who Sold His Ferarri
Darren Hardy – The Compound Effect